1. Did you help someone that really needed it, or get such help from someone else, in a way that each of you will always remember?
2. Did you read a book in 2009?
How many: 1 or 2, 5 or 6? Fiction or non? Did you learn anything via the written word?
3. Did you visit a city you've never visited before?
For how many days? Did you do something or see something new to you while you were there?
4. Did you start work in a different job, or at a different company or location, or take some new classes in 2009? Did you spend your days with a different group of people than you did in 2008?
5. Did your relationship with anyone living with you noticeably improve? Or worsen?
6. Did you try or experience something new? Did you learn anything in a hands-on way?
Was it something you always wanted to try or know? And even if it wasn't, did you still make the most of it?
In short, did you spend 2009 living, or dying?